Chinese Chopsuey Recipe
“Chop suey” is a American Chinese diHow to make Chop Suey Recipe?sh and also form other overseas of Chinese cuisine, now it is very popular on other eastern Asia countries like Filipinos and other eastern countries.
- 1/4 kilo pork, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 kilo fresh shrimps, shelled
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 pc. medium sized carrots, round thin slices
- 1/4 kilo cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 kilo cauliflower, break into flowerettes
- 2-3 stalks leeks, chopped 2″ long
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped 1″ long
- 2 pcs. bell pepper, red & green, big slices
- 2 cups chicken or meat broth
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce (patis)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil (optional)
- Saute garlic until brown. Add onions, when half cooked stir in pork and shrimps.
- Saute for 2 minutes and pour in fish sauce. Stir. After 3 minutes, add 1/2 cup water. Cover with lid.
- When almost dry, add broth. Let boil.
- Season with salt, and put in all vegetables. Cook until half done and thicken soup with dissolved cornstarch.
- Do not overcooked vegetables.
- Serve hot.